Travel Protection Plus
Your pet became sick? No problem! You can cancel or change your reservation— no revision fees! Price gone down since you booked? No worries! Funjet can guarantee our lowest price on select vacations! Unexpected mishap while on vacation? We've got you covered!
Our Travel Protection Plus helps give you some peace of mind, before and during travel. Cancel or change your vacation at any time, get your money back, guarantee our lowest price on select vacations, receive during travel coverage and more.
What is Travel Protection Plus?
Pre-Departure Penalty Waiver provided by Funjet Vacations (non-insurance features)
- - Cancel for Any Reason: You may cancel for ANY reason prior to departure and receive a full refund less the cost of the Travel Protection plan*. This feature even reimburses normally non-refundable airfares and the refund is always made in the original form of payment. Non-refundable hotel rates are not included.
- - Price Guarantee***: Guarantees the lowest price on the vacation booking! If the price of the hotel or Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flight on your vacation drops after booking the reservation, just let us know and we'll adjust the reservation to the lower price. Valid on Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii and Central America vacations.
- - No Supplier Revision Fees:Need to make a change? No problem! Any supplier revision fees for the FIRST instance are protected including hotel and airline penalties, so you won't be charged additional fees to make a change to your reservation.
* Note to Minnesota, Missouri and New York residents only: You are not required to purchase the Post-Departure Travel Insurance in order to purchase the Pre-Departure Penalty Waiver. Contact 1-877-538-3815 for details
- - Hurricane Travel Credit*^: If a Category One or greater hurricane disrupts a vacation for 24 hours or more, travelers will receive a refund for unused or interrupted vacation nights plus a future vacation discount certificate. Valid for reservations departing June through November.
Post-Departure Travel Insurance^ Underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- - Trip Interruption: Reimburses (up to the total trip cost) unused hotel arrangements plus additional costs to change or purchase a new airline ticket if you can't travel due to circumstances such as illness or injury to you, a family member, or traveling companion, jury duty, subpoena, or a traffic accident on the way to the airport.
- - Travel Delay: Reimburses additional transportation costs or unused hotel arrangements should your flight be delayed 12 or more hours due to adverse weather or unannounced strike. The plan reimburses you up to $500 ($200 per day) for the unused portion of your trip, additional accommodations, meals and "catch up" transportation expenses.
- - Pre-pays the cost of emergency medical transportation: If a serious illness or injury occurs during your vacation that requires medical evacuation.
- - Baggage/Personal Property: Reimburses you for baggage or items lost, stolen, or damaged during your vacation.
- - Medical Expense: Reimburses medical costs should you incur hospital charges or other medical bills as a result of an illness or injury during your vacation.
- - Baggage Delay:Reimburses for the purchase of necessary personal items if your bags are delayed by the airline for 24 hours or longer. The plan covers you for the purchase of necessary items up to $300 in the event your luggage is delayed by an air common carrier for more than 24 hours en route to your vacation.
- - Travel Accident: Accidental death and dismemberment coverage in the event of loss of life or limb while flying.
How Do You Purchase Travel Protection Plus?
While you are building your vacation, you can select Travel Protection Plus from the Add-Ons menu, or add it during the first step of the check-out process in the Travel Protection section. Travel Protection Plus can only be purchased online during the booking process. To add travel protection after you have made your reservation, call your travel agent or Funjet Vacations customer service at 888-588-6654. Travel Protection Plus may only be added within 7 days of your initial deposit, provided you have not yet made your final payment.
INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW: Benefits on this page are described on a general basis only. There are certain restrictions, exclusions and limitations that apply to all insurance coverages. This advertisement does not constitute or form any part of the plan description or any other contract of any kind. Plan benefits, limits and provisions may vary by state jurisdiction. To review full plan details online, go to: www.tripmate.com/wpN430F.
Plan payments are made up of insurance benefits and non-insurance services.
Insurance benefits are underwritten by: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
Non-Insurance services: are not insurance benefits underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. One Call 24-Hour Assistance Services are provided by: One Call Worldwide Travel Services Network and Global Xpi Medical Records Services are provided by Trip Mate.
Plan administrator: Trip Mate, Inc. (in CA & UT, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency) 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64114, 1-833-791-2989.
*All Funjet-imposed revision fees are waived and are available for unlimited use so long as Travel Protection Plus remains on the reservation. Canceling or changing their vacation at any time before departure without costly revision fees does not include non-refundable properties. Supplier-imposed fees such as airline/hotel revision penalties will be covered for the first revision instance. If used to cover supplier-imposed fees, Travel Protection Plus will need to be reapplied to the reservation at 75% of the original price in order to maintain the program benefits or the traveler is subject to any subsequent revision or cancel fees.***For the Price Guarantee to apply to the hotel portion of the reservation, the price adjustment must be made to the reservation while the lower Funjet rate is available. Price Guarantee also covers the air portion of exclusive nonstop vacation air vacations. *^ The Hurricane Travel Credit applies for vacations departing June through November. While in destination, if your Funjet trip is interrupted for 24 hours or more due to a Category One or greater hurricane, you will receive a refund for unused or interrupted vacation nights plus a "Fresh Start" certificate for a future vacation. "Fresh Start" certificate amounts: $100 per adult, $50 per child for Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flights1 and $25 per person for Scheduled Air Vacations. "Fresh Start" certificates are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash and can be used on a Funjet Vacation for travel any time (excluding holidays) for one year from the original departure date. A qualifying disruption occurs when your hotel requires you to be displaced from their room for 24 hours or more due to the result of a Category One or greater hurricane and does not apply to hurricane watches, warnings or tropical storms. The Hurricane Travel Credit Plan applies to the nights you are displaced from your hotel if a comparable hotel of equal or greater hotel rating is not provided. ^The Travel Protection Benefits are underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Affiliated Companies, Columbus, Ohio and administered by Trip Mate Inc., * (*in CA & UT, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency) 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO, 64114, 1-833-791-2989. Non-insurance Services: are not insurance benefits. Generali Global Assistance 24-Hour Assistance Services are provided by: Generali Global Assistance and Global Xpi Medical Records Services are provided by Trip Mate. Benefits on this page are described on general basis only. There are certain restrictions, exclusions and limitations that apply to all insurance coverages and services. This advertisement does not constitute or form any part of the Plan Description or any other contract of any kind. Plan benefits, limits, and provisions may vary by state jurisdiction. To view the full plan details please visit: www.tripmate.com/wpN430F and view your state specific plan document.